The CSU GIS Specialty Center was established in 1992 to promote geographic information systems (GIS) and geographic techniques for spatial analysis within the California State University System. Member CSU campuses participate in a software site license with Environmental Systems Research Institute (ESRI) for GIS software, ERDAS and ENVI for remote sensing and image processing software, and Trimble for GPS software. Benefits include access to training and complimentary registrations for the ESRI User and Education User Conferences. Perhaps most importantly, the GIS Specialty Center promotes intercampus dialogue on teaching, research and application issues within the field of Geographic Information Science.
Our ESRI license is renewed each year in September. Annual license files must be updated by October 31. The CSU system-wide site license for software products from ESRI (Environmental Systems Research Institute, Inc.) is a major benefit included in the subscription.
- Contact your campus ESRI site license administrator for help getting started
- Check out the terms of our ESRI site license here
- Login to your campus MyESRI Portal here
- Login to your campus ArcGIS Online account here
Our Erdas license is renewed each year in July. Annual license files must be updated by August 31.
Student licenses are available to campuses with subscriptions to the Erdas site license. The licenses include GeoMedia Professional and IMAGINE Professional. To request a license activation code (LAC) and installation information, students should contact their Erdas technical support representative.
- Contact your Erdas technical support representative for help getting started
- Online support for Erdas can be found here
- Download Erdas software here
- Generate Erdas licenses here
- For difficulty generating Erdas licenses, send your LAC, product(s), and host ID to: email@example.com
Like Erdas, our ATCOR license is renewed each year in July. Annual license files must be updated by August 31.
Our ENVI license is renewed each year in July. Annual license files must be updated by August 31.